Posted on June 26, 2014 at 12:22 pm
First you need to create a NFS Virtual Disk Storage via XenCenter.
Then select a VM, open the “Storage” tab in XenCenter, and click the button “Add…”:
Then you should see the virtual disk present in the list of virtual disks:
The virtual disk is now attached and active in the virtual machine.
Connect to the virtual machine via SSH and type:
And you should identify the recently attached disk /dev/xvdc:
Disk /dev/xvdc: 1073 MB, 1073741824 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 130 cylinders, total 2097152 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes Disk identifier: 0x00000000 Disk /dev/xvdc doesn't contain a valid partition table
If you try to mount the disk /dev/xvdc you will get this error message:
firstname.lastname@example.org:~# mount /dev/xvdc /mnt -t auto mount: you must specify the filesystem type
You need to assign the filesystem to the disk, type this command:
mkfs.ext3 /dev/xvdc 2>/dev/null
This is an example output:
Filesystem label= OS type: Linux Block size=4096 (log=2) Fragment size=4096 (log=2) Stride=0 blocks, Stripe width=0 blocks 131072 inodes, 524288 blocks 26214 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user First data block=0 Maximum filesystem blocks=536870912 16 block groups 32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group 8192 inodes per group Superblock backups stored on blocks: 32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912 Allocating group tables: done Writing inode tables: done Creating journal (16384 blocks): done Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done
Now you can finally mount the disk:
email@example.com:~# mount /dev/xvdc /mnt -t auto firstname.lastname@example.org:~#
The new disk is mounted in /mnt path.
Updated on November 19, 2016 at 12:05 pm
- How to List All Iptables NAT Rules
- Parse or Split FTP URL in Delphi XE using TIdURI
- How to Download a File via FTP in Delphi XE
- Public FTP Server to Test Upload and Download
- How to Parse Command-Line Arguments in Bash
- How to Make Iptables Rules Persistent
- Bash Install Iptables-Persistent Automatically
- Route OpenVPN Connections Through Floating IP
- How to fix "Clickable elements too close together"
- How to fix "Text too small to read"
- Create Custom Rest Endpoints for WP Rest API
- Timestamp URLs for SHA1 SHA256 Code Sign 2021
- PHP Multi-cURL to Run Parallel cURL Requests (Example)
- The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG B188E2B695BD4743
- Best Clean Monospace Web Fonts 2021
- Add New Path to Delphi 10.4 Sydney on Library Path