Posted on March 30, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Create a .reg file with this content:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:000000ff "NoAutorun"=dword:00000001
Save the file somewhere and run it.
The reg file will disable autorun on all kinds of drives and for all users.
This line disables Autorun on all kinds of drives:
This line disables the Autorun functionality completely:
Since we write to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE root key it applies to all users.
You can find more information here:
Updated on March 31, 2015 at 11:42 am
- Bash if elif else statement example
- Bash calculate elapsed time in hours minutes seconds
- Bash rm not works using wildcards and variable
- Execute a Bash script from an URL (wget and run script)
- Self-Deleting Bash Script in Linux
- Get the source directory of a Bash script
- Delete files older than N days using Bash shell in Linux
- Find and delete all files without extension using Bash