Posted on January 29, 2017 at 12:14 am
When I need to buy goods online from unknown websites I always use free services to check the reputation of these shopping websites before buy something from them. There are many smart ways to check if a website is a scam, I always check the website reputation on multiple sources, I check if the shopping site uses a valid HTTPS secure connection, I check the website popularity, I check when the domain name was first registered and who are the owners of the website, I avoid sites that have “too good to be true” prices, and so on.
Best tools to check website reputation:
ScamFoo is a very good service to check if a website is trustworthy or not. It gives a very good analysis of a website and it is much easier to spot scam websites with this tool. I personally like the simple design (it works also on mobile) and the detailed website analysis, so far I found the results very accurate and have helped me a lot in saving money online!
IsLegitSite is another free and effective service to check if a website is potentially legit or not. It is well designed and offers a quick way to check website reputation, blacklist status, website popularity and HTTPS status. The website works fast, support mobile and it gives also some very useful advices to identify potentially scam websites and fake shops.
URLVoid is a free security service developed by NoVirusThanks (an Italian security company) that checks a website through multiple blacklist engines and online reputation tools (such as Google SafeBrowsing, ThreatLog, MyWOT) so you have more chances to detect malicious websites. It is used by many security researchers and is a very trusted security tool.
ScamVoid is a very popular service used by thousands of users to check if a website is a scam. Some friends recommended me this website because it has helped many users to spot fake shopping sites. It gives you useful information about a website (reputation, popularity, domain age, WOT score) so that you can easily decide what to do.
ScamQuery is yet another useful website that can help you spot fraudulent and scam sites. It uses many checks against a website and it shows you all the results in a very user-friendly output, you can view if a website is blacklisted, when it was first registered and the website popularity among Internet users. Give it a try, you’ll like it.
Updated on January 5, 2019 at 12:03 pm
- PHP Generate Secure Random Passwords
- Google Cloud SQL and Public IP Address Security
- How to use Highlight.js to highlight code
- Nginx HTTP to HTTPS and non-www to www behind Google Load Balancer
- Quota 'IN_USE_ADDRESSES' exceeded. Limit: 8.0 in region
- Only allow Google Load Balancer traffic (Firewall Rules)
- Lost connection during Debian apt-get upgrade
- Bootstrap 3 Navbar with Logo Image
- PHP StrToTime() Returns Incorrect Timestamp '-1 MONTH'
- PHP Correctly Get Last 12 Months (Month per Month)
- Nginx Redirect From a Website to Another Website
- PHP Multi-cURL to Run Parallel cURL Requests (Example)
- Let's Encrypt on Nginx and SSL Grade A+
- Vertically align Facebook and Twitter share buttons
- Download Windows 10 ISO without Media Creation Tool
- DEB.SURY.ORG Updated the Signing Key (March 2019)