Posted on November 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Today I wanted to test how many concurrent connections can handle a single dedicated server (Dedibox Classic 2016 with Xeon D-1531 @ 2,20 GHz, 32GB DDR4, 250GB SSD) vs how many concurrent connections can handle 5 small servers (C2S Baremetal Server with Avoton C2550 @ 2,40 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 50GB SSD) that balance traffic with a load balancer.
All servers have Nginx 1.12.2 + PHP7.0.25 FPM + Redis 3.2.11 and they have been tweaked for best performances, read more on Optimize Linux Sysctl.conf Parameters and Optimize Nginx Configuration. Regarding the C2S servers, I used 4 C2S servers + 1 C2S server with Nginx that works as load balancer. I used Loader.io to stress-test the servers.
Here are the results
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
As you can see the 5 C2S Baremetal Servers (with Avoton C2550), that balanced traffic, handled the concurrent connections with 0 “500 Internal Server Errors” and all the server responses were successful. The high-performant dedicated server handled the concurrent connections with some “500 Internal Server Errors” and with an average higher response time.
The dedicated server costs 30 EUR/m and the 5 C2S servers cost 60 EUR/m.
- Send Transactional Email with SendGrid in PHP
- Send Email with PHPMailer using SMTP
- Fortnite TCP/UDP Ports to Open on Router or Firewall
- jQuery simple alert message that fades out after N seconds
- Edit /etc/hosts on Mac OSX
- Set $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] when running PHP script from terminal
- View All Available Code Sign Certificates on USB Token
- Close program with ESC key in Delphi
- VMware USB Arbitration Service Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified
- PDFYeah: Online Cloud-Based PDF Converter
- Create a SOCKS 5 Proxy on Top of a SSH Tunnel on Linux
- Estimate Number of Visitors and Pageviews of any Website
- Integrate Disqus on WordPress programmatically
- Disable Compression when Encrypting with GNU GPG
- ERROR 1932 (42S02): Table doesn't exist in engine
- Minify & Compress CSS with online tools