Posted on November 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Today I wanted to test how many concurrent connections can handle a single dedicated server (Dedibox Classic 2016 with Xeon D-1531 @ 2,20 GHz, 32GB DDR4, 250GB SSD) vs how many concurrent connections can handle 5 small servers (C2S Baremetal Server with Avoton C2550 @ 2,40 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 50GB SSD) that balance traffic with a load balancer.
All servers have Nginx 1.12.2 + PHP7.0.25 FPM + Redis 3.2.11 and they have been tweaked for best performances, read more on Optimize Linux Sysctl.conf Parameters and Optimize Nginx Configuration. Regarding the C2S servers, I used 4 C2S servers + 1 C2S server with Nginx that works as load balancer. I used Loader.io to stress-test the servers.
Here are the results
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
As you can see the 5 C2S Baremetal Servers (with Avoton C2550), that balanced traffic, handled the concurrent connections with 0 “500 Internal Server Errors” and all the server responses were successful. The high-performant dedicated server handled the concurrent connections with some “500 Internal Server Errors” and with an average higher response time.
The dedicated server costs 30 EUR/m and the 5 C2S servers cost 60 EUR/m.
- Detect VMWare Virtual Machine
- Detect Microsoft Virtual PC Virtual Machine
- Fix MariaDB 10.5 "Can't create test file" errors
- Use MariaDB and MySQL without Password (MySQL Backup)
- Check if a Trademark is already registered
- Make name server address permanent in /etc/resolv.conf
- InnoSetup error the servicemanager is not available
- InnoSetup disable DesktopIcon via command-line
- Delphi 10 Berlin System.Hash MD5 SHA1 SHA2 Hash
- Use cURL to check for SSL certificate issues:
- How to test Socks5 proxy with cURL
- How to use variables in a sed command
- Best Socks5 Servers for Linux Debian
- Error NO_PUBKEY in Google Cloud Debian Packages Update
- How to Run a Command with Time Limit in Bash Linux
- MySQL InnoDB log sequence number is in the future