Posted on November 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Today I wanted to test how many concurrent connections can handle a single dedicated server (Dedibox Classic 2016 with Xeon D-1531 @ 2,20 GHz, 32GB DDR4, 250GB SSD) vs how many concurrent connections can handle 5 small servers (C2S Baremetal Server with Avoton C2550 @ 2,40 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 50GB SSD) that balance traffic with a load balancer.
All servers have Nginx 1.12.2 + PHP7.0.25 FPM + Redis 3.2.11 and they have been tweaked for best performances, read more on Optimize Linux Sysctl.conf Parameters and Optimize Nginx Configuration. Regarding the C2S servers, I used 4 C2S servers + 1 C2S server with Nginx that works as load balancer. I used Loader.io to stress-test the servers.
Here are the results
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
As you can see the 5 C2S Baremetal Servers (with Avoton C2550), that balanced traffic, handled the concurrent connections with 0 “500 Internal Server Errors” and all the server responses were successful. The high-performant dedicated server handled the concurrent connections with some “500 Internal Server Errors” and with an average higher response time.
The dedicated server costs 30 EUR/m and the 5 C2S servers cost 60 EUR/m.
- Route OpenVPN Connections Through Floating IP
- How to Configure a Floating IP in a VPS (Hetzner)
- Set OpenVPN to Listed on a Specific IP Address
- Bash Trim Leading and Trailing Whitespace from a String
- Bash Get Name of Ethernet Network Interface
- VPN Providers with Dedicated Static IP Address
- OpenVPN Iptables Rules
- WireGuard VPN Iptables Rules
- AMD Chipsets & Graphics Card Drivers for Windows 7, 8, 10
- AMD Radeon 7400 Drivers for Windows 10
- How to pass custom command-line parameters in InnoSetup
- Add Desktop shortcut for all Windows PC users
- Programmatically create desktop icon with InnoSetup
- GeneratePress - a Lightweight WordPress Theme 2021
- InnoSetup disable DesktopIcon via command-line
- Use cURL to authenticate with JWT Bearer tokens