Posted on November 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Today I wanted to test how many concurrent connections can handle a single dedicated server (Dedibox Classic 2016 with Xeon D-1531 @ 2,20 GHz, 32GB DDR4, 250GB SSD) vs how many concurrent connections can handle 5 small servers (C2S Baremetal Server with Avoton C2550 @ 2,40 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 50GB SSD) that balance traffic with a load balancer.
All servers have Nginx 1.12.2 + PHP7.0.25 FPM + Redis 3.2.11 and they have been tweaked for best performances, read more on Optimize Linux Sysctl.conf Parameters and Optimize Nginx Configuration. Regarding the C2S servers, I used 4 C2S servers + 1 C2S server with Nginx that works as load balancer. I used Loader.io to stress-test the servers.
Here are the results
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
As you can see the 5 C2S Baremetal Servers (with Avoton C2550), that balanced traffic, handled the concurrent connections with 0 “500 Internal Server Errors” and all the server responses were successful. The high-performant dedicated server handled the concurrent connections with some “500 Internal Server Errors” and with an average higher response time.
The dedicated server costs 30 EUR/m and the 5 C2S servers cost 60 EUR/m.
- How to Clone a Virtual Machine on VirtualBox via Command-Line
- How to Mount a Shared Folder on VirtualBox Windows Guest
- How to Install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows Guest
- Add Shared Folder on VirtualBox VM via Command-Line on Debian
- How to Install a .Deb File on Debian Linux via Command-Line
- Install VirtualBox 6.0 on Debian 10 Buster
- Install Windows 7 Guest on VirtualBox Debian Host (Command-Line)
- Create or Restore a VirtualBox Snapshot on Debian (Command-Line)
- Run a Program Inside a VirtualBox Guest VM from Host via Command-line
- Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 10
- Get the Output of a Program in a Variable in Bash
- Automatically Renew Let's Encrypt Certificates (Nginx)
- Capture Multiple Line Output Into a Bash Variable
- How to Extract Domain from URL in Bash
- Get Local File Permissions from Command-Line on Linux
- Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 7 64-bit