Posted on November 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Today I wanted to test how many concurrent connections can handle a single dedicated server (Dedibox Classic 2016 with Xeon D-1531 @ 2,20 GHz, 32GB DDR4, 250GB SSD) vs how many concurrent connections can handle 5 small servers (C2S Baremetal Server with Avoton C2550 @ 2,40 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 50GB SSD) that balance traffic with a load balancer.
All servers have Nginx 1.12.2 + PHP7.0.25 FPM + Redis 3.2.11 and they have been tweaked for best performances, read more on Optimize Linux Sysctl.conf Parameters and Optimize Nginx Configuration. Regarding the C2S servers, I used 4 C2S servers + 1 C2S server with Nginx that works as load balancer. I used Loader.io to stress-test the servers.
Here are the results
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
As you can see the 5 C2S Baremetal Servers (with Avoton C2550), that balanced traffic, handled the concurrent connections with 0 “500 Internal Server Errors” and all the server responses were successful. The high-performant dedicated server handled the concurrent connections with some “500 Internal Server Errors” and with an average higher response time.
The dedicated server costs 30 EUR/m and the 5 C2S servers cost 60 EUR/m.
- Customer emails don't show up in Zendesk
- Get Windows 7, 8, 10 License Information
- Cheapest Alternatives to Mailchimp, Sendinblue, Sendgrid
- Convert InnoSetup EXE Installer to MSI
- Get Serial Number of CPU, RAM, Motherboard, HDD
- Get Number of Intel Processor Cores via Registry
- Zendesk Remove [Business Name] from Email Subject on Ticket Replies
- Best Text-to-Speech (TTS) Web Services with Human Voices
- Exclude Packages from Apt-Get Upgrade on Debian Linux
- Should I reboot Debian server after apt-get upgrade?
- Download and Install OpenVPN Client on Windows 10
- How to List All Iptables NAT Rules
- How to List INPUT, FORWARD, OUTPUT Iptables Rules
- OpenVPN Iptables Rules
- Parse or Split FTP URL in Delphi XE using TIdURI
- Public FTP Server to Test Upload and Download