Posted on November 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Today I wanted to test how many concurrent connections can handle a single dedicated server (Dedibox Classic 2016 with Xeon D-1531 @ 2,20 GHz, 32GB DDR4, 250GB SSD) vs how many concurrent connections can handle 5 small servers (C2S Baremetal Server with Avoton C2550 @ 2,40 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 50GB SSD) that balance traffic with a load balancer.
All servers have Nginx 1.12.2 + PHP7.0.25 FPM + Redis 3.2.11 and they have been tweaked for best performances, read more on Optimize Linux Sysctl.conf Parameters and Optimize Nginx Configuration. Regarding the C2S servers, I used 4 C2S servers + 1 C2S server with Nginx that works as load balancer. I used Loader.io to stress-test the servers.
Here are the results
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
As you can see the 5 C2S Baremetal Servers (with Avoton C2550), that balanced traffic, handled the concurrent connections with 0 “500 Internal Server Errors” and all the server responses were successful. The high-performant dedicated server handled the concurrent connections with some “500 Internal Server Errors” and with an average higher response time.
The dedicated server costs 30 EUR/m and the 5 C2S servers cost 60 EUR/m.
- NodeJs Request.Get Example with Error Handling
- NodeJs HTTPS.Get Example with Error Handling
- How to Find PHP.ini Location
- How to Enable Display of Errors in PHP
- Go One Directory Level Up/Back with Dirname() in PHP
- Save a String to File in Python
- Create a File Name with Current Date & Time in Python
- Get Current Script Path in Python
- Compress Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office Documents
- Download OpenVPN 2.4.7 and TAP-Windows
- api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
- jQuery Get File Extension Before Uploading File
- Estimate Number of Visitors and Pageviews of any Website
- How to Configure OVH Email POP3 with Thunderbird
- Simple jQuery File Upload SimpleUpload.js
- Repeat AJAX GET Until a Specific Response is Met in jQuery