Posted on November 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Today I wanted to test how many concurrent connections can handle a single dedicated server (Dedibox Classic 2016 with Xeon D-1531 @ 2,20 GHz, 32GB DDR4, 250GB SSD) vs how many concurrent connections can handle 5 small servers (C2S Baremetal Server with Avoton C2550 @ 2,40 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 50GB SSD) that balance traffic with a load balancer.
All servers have Nginx 1.12.2 + PHP7.0.25 FPM + Redis 3.2.11 and they have been tweaked for best performances, read more on Optimize Linux Sysctl.conf Parameters and Optimize Nginx Configuration. Regarding the C2S servers, I used 4 C2S servers + 1 C2S server with Nginx that works as load balancer. I used Loader.io to stress-test the servers.
Here are the results
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
As you can see the 5 C2S Baremetal Servers (with Avoton C2550), that balanced traffic, handled the concurrent connections with 0 “500 Internal Server Errors” and all the server responses were successful. The high-performant dedicated server handled the concurrent connections with some “500 Internal Server Errors” and with an average higher response time.
The dedicated server costs 30 EUR/m and the 5 C2S servers cost 60 EUR/m.
- How to Disable Hibernation on Windows 10
- Disable Windows Defender on Windows 10 via Regedit
- Install Latest NVIDIA Drivers for Windows 10
- How to improve security of encrypted hard disks
- Get Server IP Address with Ifconfig and IP in Bash
- bash: ipconfig: command not found
- Check if a number is within a range in bash
- Linux Commands to Check HDD from Rescue Mode
- Double Opt-in Email Newsletter Made Right (by Yoast)
- Let's Encrypt on Nginx and SSL Grade A+
- Free Email Ticketing Systems for Startups
- Delphi URLEncode like PHP
- Delphi Function to Parse JSON Unicode Chars
- Ask Users What Features They Need (Product Roadmap)
- Make Your Domain Emails Not Spoofeable
- Create Documentations Easily with GitBook