Posted on November 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Today I wanted to test how many concurrent connections can handle a single dedicated server (Dedibox Classic 2016 with Xeon D-1531 @ 2,20 GHz, 32GB DDR4, 250GB SSD) vs how many concurrent connections can handle 5 small servers (C2S Baremetal Server with Avoton C2550 @ 2,40 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 50GB SSD) that balance traffic with a load balancer.
All servers have Nginx 1.12.2 + PHP7.0.25 FPM + Redis 3.2.11 and they have been tweaked for best performances, read more on Optimize Linux Sysctl.conf Parameters and Optimize Nginx Configuration. Regarding the C2S servers, I used 4 C2S servers + 1 C2S server with Nginx that works as load balancer. I used Loader.io to stress-test the servers.
Here are the results
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 250 to 1000 concurrent connections:
Dedibox Classic 2016 – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
5 C2S Baremetal Servers – 500 to 1500 concurrent connections:
As you can see the 5 C2S Baremetal Servers (with Avoton C2550), that balanced traffic, handled the concurrent connections with 0 “500 Internal Server Errors” and all the server responses were successful. The high-performant dedicated server handled the concurrent connections with some “500 Internal Server Errors” and with an average higher response time.
The dedicated server costs 30 EUR/m and the 5 C2S servers cost 60 EUR/m.
- View All Symlinks in a Directory Tree on Linux
- /etc/init.d/redis-server on Debian 9.5 Stretch
- View Last Time a File was Opened on Debian
- Fix PHP7.0-FPM Installation (Sury.org Packages)
- Server Certificate Verification failed CAfile (apt-get update)
- PDFYeah: Online Cloud-Based PDF Converter
- Create a SOCKS 5 Proxy on Top of a SSH Tunnel on Linux
- Estimate Number of Visitors and Pageviews of any Website
- Htaccess file for WordPress websites
- How to Create Backups of MySQL via PHP
- Transfer files from a VPS to a FTP web hosting server
- Block Paltalk Ads (and Others) via Hosts file
- E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
- How to Validate JSON in PHP
- The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing
- PHP CURL Download Remote URL to File