Posted on March 20, 2018 at 2:56 pm
Disabling Windows 10 updates is not that easy, you can disable “wuauserv” service but then Windows 10 somehow will restart it automatically after some hours or days without your consent. I’ve found a free application that can help to stop Windows 10 updates permanently. It works on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8\8.1 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1709.
Just open Win Update Stop and click the “Disable” button.
That’s all, Windows Updates will be disabled.
What if Windows Updates are re-started?
In case Windows Updates are restarted by Windows 10, you may need to use Task Scheduler to run Win Update Stop (WinUpdateStop.exe) every 1 hour with the parameter “/disableupdates”. Since Win Update Stop needs Admin privileges, you will need to check the option “Run with highest privileges” inside the “Security options” on the General tab of Task Scheduler.
- Download TeamViewer Offline Installer for Windows
- Download HMA VPN Installer for Windows
- Download Netflix App for Windows 10
- Download Rufus - Create bootable USB drives from ISOs
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 18 Offline Installer
- Download BitDefender 2018 Offline Installer (Direct Download)
- Download DriverPack - A Free Driver Updater for Windows
- Download ImgBurn (Free) for Windows
- IP anonymization with analytics.js - Google Analytics
- IP anonymization with gtag.js - Google Analytics
- Let's Encrypt on Nginx and SSL Grade A+
- Lets Encrypt certificate failed to renew
- Renew an expired Lets Encrypt / Certbot certificate
- GDPR Recommendations for AdSense Publishers
- Stop Personalized ads for European EU Traffic on AdSense
- Enable BitLocker to Prompt for Password (not PIN) on Startup