Posted on March 20, 2018 at 2:56 pm
Disabling Windows 10 updates is not that easy, you can disable “wuauserv” service but then Windows 10 somehow will restart it automatically after some hours or days without your consent. I’ve found a free application that can help to stop Windows 10 updates permanently. It works on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8\8.1 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1709.
Just open Win Update Stop and click the “Disable” button.
That’s all, Windows Updates will be disabled.
What if Windows Updates are re-started?
In case Windows Updates are restarted by Windows 10, you may need to use Task Scheduler to run Win Update Stop (WinUpdateStop.exe) every 1 hour with the parameter “/disableupdates”. Since Win Update Stop needs Admin privileges, you will need to check the option “Run with highest privileges” inside the “Security options” on the General tab of Task Scheduler.
- Edit /etc/hosts on Mac OSX
- Set $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] when running PHP script from terminal
- View All Available Code Sign Certificates on USB Token
- Close program with ESC key in Delphi
- Create a Custom Mount Point with Noexec on Debian
- How to Secure /tmp and /var/tmp on your VPS
- IP anonymization with analytics.js - Google Analytics
- IP anonymization with gtag.js - Google Analytics
- Integrate Disqus on WordPress programmatically
- Disable Compression when Encrypting with GNU GPG
- ERROR 1932 (42S02): Table doesn't exist in engine
- Minify & Compress CSS with online tools
- SMS messages from 1-410-200-500 are a scam
- Email addresses associated with suspicious online shops
- Suspicious online shops from firstname.lastname@example.org