Posted on March 20, 2018 at 2:56 pm
Disabling Windows 10 updates is not that easy, you can disable “wuauserv” service but then Windows 10 somehow will restart it automatically after some hours or days without your consent. I’ve found a free application that can help to stop Windows 10 updates permanently. It works on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8\8.1 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1709.
Just open Win Update Stop and click the “Disable” button.
That’s all, Windows Updates will be disabled.
What if Windows Updates are re-started?
In case Windows Updates are restarted by Windows 10, you may need to use Task Scheduler to run Win Update Stop (WinUpdateStop.exe) every 1 hour with the parameter “/disableupdates”. Since Win Update Stop needs Admin privileges, you will need to check the option “Run with highest privileges” inside the “Security options” on the General tab of Task Scheduler.
- SMS messages from 1-410-200-500 are a scam
- "Google FREE Apple iPhone X Visitor Browser Opinion Survey" Scam
- Linux Client Tools that Support TLS (GnuTLS, OpenSSL, Socat, Ncat, Telnet-SSL)
- How to create a 1GB random file in Linux
- Prevent less from Clearing the Screen upon Exit on Linux
- Open User's Home Directory from Command-Line on Windows
- Open User's Desktop Directory from Command-Line on Windows
- Delete a Junction from Command-Line on Windows
- Improve TP-Link TL-MR6400 WiFi Download Speed
- Best Software Licensing Services to License Your Apps
- Merge Two Redis Databases via PHP
- How to Connect to Redis Database via PHP
- PHP Shell_Exec() Get Complete Output as String
- How to Install OpenSSH SSHD Server on Debian Linux
- Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 ISO Files (Official)
- Download Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 ISO Images