Posted on March 20, 2018 at 2:56 pm
Disabling Windows 10 updates is not that easy, you can disable “wuauserv” service but then Windows 10 somehow will restart it automatically after some hours or days without your consent. I’ve found a free application that can help to stop Windows 10 updates permanently. It works on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8\8.1 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1709.
Just open Win Update Stop and click the “Disable” button.
That’s all, Windows Updates will be disabled.
What if Windows Updates are re-started?
In case Windows Updates are restarted by Windows 10, you may need to use Task Scheduler to run Win Update Stop (WinUpdateStop.exe) every 1 hour with the parameter “/disableupdates”. Since Win Update Stop needs Admin privileges, you will need to check the option “Run with highest privileges” inside the “Security options” on the General tab of Task Scheduler.
- How to Install OpenSSH SSHD Server on Debian Linux
- Download Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 ISO Images
- Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 ISO Files (Official)
- Disable MySQL Binary Logging (Turn Off Log_Bin Variable)
- Enable IPv6 on a Scaleway VPS After a Reboot
- How to Ping an IPv6 Address with Ping6 on Debian Linux
- Get Public IPv6 Address on Debian Linux
- Delete Symbolic Link (Softlink) on Linux
- Keep current version of config files when apt-get install on Debian
- Enable Disable Windows 7 Test Mode
- How to Extract Links from a Web Page in Linux
- PHP Library for Google Authenticator (Two Factor Authentication 2FA)
- Should I reboot Debian server after apt-get upgrade?
- How to check if a website is a scam?
- SetDefaultDllDirectories could not be located
- How to build ImageMagick so that it's statically built