Posted on July 21, 2018 at 2:29 pm
If you get this error while setting up password-less SSH with ssh-copy-id:
Warning: the ECDSA host key for 'server' differs from the key for the IP address '192.168.1.122'
Try to remove the cached key for the server IP address:
ssh-keygen -R 192.168.1.122
Alternatively, if you get also these details in the error message:
Offending key for IP in /home/user/.ssh/known_hosts:11 Matching host key in /home/user/.ssh/known_hosts:28
Just manually edit ~/.ssh/known_hosts and delete line 11 (“Offending key”).
Then try to reconnect and everything should work fine.
- How to Install OpenSSH SSHD Server on Debian Linux
- Download Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 ISO Images
- Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 ISO Files (Official)
- Disable MySQL Binary Logging (Turn Off Log_Bin Variable)
- Enable IPv6 on a Scaleway VPS After a Reboot
- How to Ping an IPv6 Address with Ping6 on Debian Linux
- Get Public IPv6 Address on Debian Linux
- Delete Symbolic Link (Softlink) on Linux
- Keep current version of config files when apt-get install on Debian
- Enable Disable Windows 7 Test Mode
- How to Extract Links from a Web Page in Linux
- PHP Library for Google Authenticator (Two Factor Authentication 2FA)
- Should I reboot Debian server after apt-get upgrade?
- How to check if a website is a scam?
- SetDefaultDllDirectories could not be located
- How to build ImageMagick so that it's statically built