Posted on July 21, 2018 at 2:55 pm
To prevent less from clearing the screen upon exit you can just use -X option:
-X or –no-init
Disables sending the termcap initialization and deinitialization strings to the terminal. This is sometimes desirable if the deinitialization string does something unnecessary, like clearing the screen.
To make less exit if the content fits on one screen, just use -F option:
-F or –quit-if-one-screen
Causes less to automatically exit if the entire file can be displayed on the first screen.
Read more on less Linux Man Page
- Linux Move Files and Overwrite Existing Files
- PHP Curl slow with HTTPS SSL requests
- mv: Directory not empty
- Detect a failing hard-disk on a Linux server
- Certbot.errors.CertStorageError: expected to be a symlink
- Example hard-disk error logs on a Linux server
- Certbot renew error: Account at does not exist.
- Compress Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office Documents
- Minify & Compress CSS with online tools
- Upload a File via POST with cURL and PHP 7
- Compress MP4 videos online for free
- Download Old Sent Emails on POP Account with Thunderbird
- Automatically Renew Let's Encrypt Certificates (Nginx)
- Problems with /etc/cron.d/certbot on Debian
- Let's Encrypt on Nginx and SSL Grade A+
- Install a package from backports on Debian