Posted on July 21, 2018 at 2:55 pm
To prevent less from clearing the screen upon exit you can just use -X option:
-X or –no-init
Disables sending the termcap initialization and deinitialization strings to the terminal. This is sometimes desirable if the deinitialization string does something unnecessary, like clearing the screen.
To make less exit if the content fits on one screen, just use -F option:
-F or –quit-if-one-screen
Causes less to automatically exit if the entire file can be displayed on the first screen.
Read more on less Linux Man Page
- How to Install OpenSSH SSHD Server on Debian Linux
- Download Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 ISO Images
- Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 ISO Files (Official)
- Disable MySQL Binary Logging (Turn Off Log_Bin Variable)
- Enable IPv6 on a Scaleway VPS After a Reboot
- How to Ping an IPv6 Address with Ping6 on Debian Linux
- Get Public IPv6 Address on Debian Linux
- Delete Symbolic Link (Softlink) on Linux
- Keep current version of config files when apt-get install on Debian
- Enable Disable Windows 7 Test Mode
- How to Extract Links from a Web Page in Linux
- PHP Library for Google Authenticator (Two Factor Authentication 2FA)
- Should I reboot Debian server after apt-get upgrade?
- How to check if a website is a scam?
- SetDefaultDllDirectories could not be located
- How to build ImageMagick so that it's statically built