Posted on November 10, 2018 at 6:43 pm
How to transfer files from a VPS to a FTP web hosting server?
First login via SSH to your VPS.
With “scp” you can transfer files from your VPS to the FTP server.
Open the directory you want to copy to the other server, i.e:
This command will copy files and folders (recursively, -r) to the remote server:
scp -r * username@hostname:~/
Obviously substitute “username” and “hostname” with the FTP credentials.
To upload the files in the /www/ directory in the remote FTP server:
scp -r * username@hostname:~/www/
- How to Install OpenSSH SSHD Server on Debian Linux
- Download Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 ISO Images
- Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 ISO Files (Official)
- Disable MySQL Binary Logging (Turn Off Log_Bin Variable)
- Enable IPv6 on a Scaleway VPS After a Reboot
- How to Ping an IPv6 Address with Ping6 on Debian Linux
- Get Public IPv6 Address on Debian Linux
- Delete Symbolic Link (Softlink) on Linux
- Keep current version of config files when apt-get install on Debian
- Enable Disable Windows 7 Test Mode
- How to Extract Links from a Web Page in Linux
- PHP Library for Google Authenticator (Two Factor Authentication 2FA)
- Should I reboot Debian server after apt-get upgrade?
- How to check if a website is a scam?
- SetDefaultDllDirectories could not be located
- How to build ImageMagick so that it's statically built