Posted on November 10, 2018 at 6:43 pm
How to transfer files from a VPS to a FTP web hosting server?
First login via SSH to your VPS.
With “scp” you can transfer files from your VPS to the FTP server.
Open the directory you want to copy to the other server, i.e:
This command will copy files and folders (recursively, -r) to the remote server:
scp -r * username@hostname:~/
Obviously substitute “username” and “hostname” with the FTP credentials.
To upload the files in the /www/ directory in the remote FTP server:
scp -r * username@hostname:~/www/
- Connect as Root using WinSCP on Google Cloud Compute Engine
- Become Root on Google Cloud Compute Engine VMs
- Connect to Google Cloud Compute Engine VM via PuTTY SSH
- DigitalOcean Slow, My Experience
- Keep current version of config files when apt-get install on Debian
- How to Extract Links from a Web Page in Linux
- PHP Library for Google Authenticator (Two Factor Authentication 2FA)
- Should I reboot Debian server after apt-get upgrade?
- Unable to extract and upload PackageInfo.xml
- Stop Bad Bots from Crawling Your Website
- DEB.SURY.ORG Updated the Signing Key (March 2019)
- PHP Check if XML String is Valid
- PHP Securely Save Passwords in Your Database
- Redirect 404 Errors to Homepage with Nginx
- Nginx Rewrite Rule to Add Slash to The End of Any URL
- Lost connection during Debian apt-get upgrade