Posted on February 19, 2019 at 11:43 am
When you create a SQL cloud instance and you use a public IP address (external IP) on the SQL instance, make sure that your Compute Engine instances that will connect to the public IP of the SQL instance will have a static IP address and not temporary, else if the IP address is temporary it may be assigned to other users and they may be able to login to the public IP address of the SQL instance.
Small tip that can improve the security of your SQL instance!
- Connect as Root using WinSCP on Google Cloud Compute Engine
- Become Root on Google Cloud Compute Engine VMs
- Connect to Google Cloud Compute Engine VM via PuTTY SSH
- DigitalOcean Slow, My Experience
- Keep current version of config files when apt-get install on Debian
- How to Extract Links from a Web Page in Linux
- PHP Library for Google Authenticator (Two Factor Authentication 2FA)
- Should I reboot Debian server after apt-get upgrade?
- Unable to extract and upload PackageInfo.xml
- Stop Bad Bots from Crawling Your Website
- DEB.SURY.ORG Updated the Signing Key (March 2019)
- PHP Check if XML String is Valid
- PHP Securely Save Passwords in Your Database
- Redirect 404 Errors to Homepage with Nginx
- Nginx Rewrite Rule to Add Slash to The End of Any URL
- Lost connection during Debian apt-get upgrade