Posted on May 5, 2019 at 5:07 pm
On May 4 2019 the web browser Mozilla Firefox started to show a warning message “One or more installed add-ons cannot be verified and have been disabled” and all installed browser extensions were all disabled. This created some panic within Firefox users and myself too, as I found all my Firefox extensions disabled without an option to re-enable them.
A workaround that works
Mozilla is working on a fix and should release a new Firefox version hopefully in a few hours. Meanwhile, there are a few possible workarounds that may work for Firefox users.
Here is a workaround I have tested and seems to work fine:
1 – Close Firefox process (firefox.exe)
2 – Browse to the Firefox profile folder:
Replace PCUSER with your PC username and xxxxxxxx with your Firefox profile.
3 – Edit the file extensions.json with Notepad++ or Notepad
4 – Replace all instances of “appDisabled”:true with “appDisabled”:false
5 – Replace all instances of “signedState”:-1 to “signedState”:2
6 – Save the file and start Firefox
7 – Disable and re-enable all extensions in about:addons
The real solution
You will of course need to update to a newer version of Firefox when available.
You can follow Firefox releases here:
- PHP Generate Secure Random Passwords
- Google Cloud SQL and Public IP Address Security
- How to use Highlight.js to highlight code
- Nginx HTTP to HTTPS and non-www to www behind Google Load Balancer
- Quota 'IN_USE_ADDRESSES' exceeded. Limit: 8.0 in region
- Only allow Google Load Balancer traffic (Firewall Rules)
- Lost connection during Debian apt-get upgrade
- Bootstrap 3 Navbar with Logo Image
- PHP StrToTime() Returns Incorrect Timestamp '-1 MONTH'
- PHP Correctly Get Last 12 Months (Month per Month)
- Nginx Redirect From a Website to Another Website
- PHP Multi-cURL to Run Parallel cURL Requests (Example)
- Let's Encrypt on Nginx and SSL Grade A+
- Vertically align Facebook and Twitter share buttons
- Download Windows 10 ISO without Media Creation Tool
- DEB.SURY.ORG Updated the Signing Key (March 2019)