Posted on July 24, 2019 at 10:21 pm
With VboxManage you can execute programs inside the guest VM from the host:
VBoxManage guestcontrol Win7-64bit-VM1 start --exe C:\Path\To\Program.exe --verbose --username admin --password 123
If you need to run a program with parameters do like this:
VBoxManage guestcontrol Win7-64bit-VM1 start --exe Z:\cmd.exe --verbose --username admin --password 123 -- Z:\cmd.exe /c "ipconfig /all > Z:\a.txt"
If you need to get the stdout, stderr, and stdin output use “run” instead of “start”:
VBoxManage guestcontrol Win7-64bit-VM1 run --exe Z:\cmd.exe --verbose --username admin --password 123 -- Z:\cmd.exe /c "ipconfig /all > Z:\a.txt"
If you get VERR_PROC_ELEVATION_REQUIRED error:
Starting guest process ... VBoxManage: error: VERR_PROC_ELEVATION_REQUIRED VBoxManage: error: Details: code VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80bb0005), component GuestProcessWrap, interface IGuestProcess, callee nsISupports
Make sure to disable UAC and that the user has enough power/permissions.
In case you get the following error message:
VBoxManage: error: The specified user was not able to logon on guest
I found two solutions that worked for me:
Solution 1: Use an Alphanumeric Password
There is an issue if you set a user’s password with special characters, like @#!
So make sure to use an alphanumeric password (i.e Ahj18iAhZad).
Then try again to run the program, it should work.
Solution 2: Disable a Windows Security Policy
If the previous solution didn’t work, try this:
In “Run” type “gpedit.msc”, then go to “Windows Settings” -> “Security Settings” -> “Local Policies” -> “Security Options” -> “Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only” and set it to DISABLED. A reboot may be needed for the changes to take effect.
If you are running Windows 7 Home and you don’t have Group Policy Editor installed, you can open regedit.exe (Windows Registry) and browse to the following registry key (you’ll need Administrator rights to change it):
Then change the DWORD value “LimitBlankPasswordUse” to 0 (that means disabled).
Reboot the guest VM and try to run the program from the host.
Updated on August 17, 2019 at 10:35 am
- How to Find PHP.ini Location
- How to Enable Display of Errors in PHP
- Go One Directory Level Up/Back with Dirname() in PHP
- Save a String to File in Python
- Create a File Name with Current Date & Time in Python
- Get Current Script Path in Python
- Python Wildcard Search a String or Array
- Get Current Script Path in PHP
- api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
- jQuery Get File Extension Before Uploading File
- Estimate Number of Visitors and Pageviews of any Website
- How to Configure OVH Email POP3 with Thunderbird
- Simple jQuery File Upload SimpleUpload.js
- Repeat AJAX GET Until a Specific Response is Met in jQuery
- Calculate Elapsed Time of a Function in jQuery
- Convert Seconds to H:M:S in jQuery