Posted on May 6, 2020 at 11:04 pm
If you are using certbot (Let’s Encrypt) with Nginx on Debian Buster you may have encountered problems in auto-renewal of your certificates. This may be because the /etc/cron.d/certbot didn’t actually execute, ore information can be read here:
It looks like that if the directory /run/systemd/system/ exists it won’t execute the renew command, because you are running systemd. It won’t run the renew command because there is a systemd timer that was configured when you installed the certbot package.
The certbot timer should be located on /lib/systemd/system/certbot.timer and it will execute the command specified on /lib/systemd/system/certbot.service file. The certbot.timer will execute the certbot.service twice daily, precisely at 12 am and 12 pm.
This is the content of /lib/systemd/system/certbot.timer:
[Unit] Description=Run certbot twice daily [Timer] OnCalendar=*-*-* 00,12:00:00 RandomizedDelaySec=43200 Persistent=true [Install] WantedBy=timers.target
And this is the content of /lib/systemd/system/certbot.service:
[Unit] Description=Certbot Documentation=file:///usr/share/doc/python-certbot-doc/html/index.html Documentation=https://letsencrypt.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ [Service] Type=oneshot ExecStart=/usr/bin/certbot -q renew PrivateTmp=true
Instead, you should use this script (works better):
- How to List All Iptables NAT Rules
- Parse or Split FTP URL in Delphi XE using TIdURI
- How to Download a File via FTP in Delphi XE
- Public FTP Server to Test Upload and Download
- How to Parse Command-Line Arguments in Bash
- How to Make Iptables Rules Persistent
- Bash Install Iptables-Persistent Automatically
- Route OpenVPN Connections Through Floating IP
- How to fix "Clickable elements too close together"
- How to fix "Text too small to read"
- Create Custom Rest Endpoints for WP Rest API
- Timestamp URLs for SHA1 SHA256 Code Sign 2021
- PHP Multi-cURL to Run Parallel cURL Requests (Example)
- The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG B188E2B695BD4743
- Best Clean Monospace Web Fonts 2021
- Add New Path to Delphi 10.4 Sydney on Library Path