Posted on September 12, 2020 at 11:46 am
Simple steps to make your domain emails not spoofeable:
1) Add a TXT record (SPF):
v=spf1 a mx ~all
Or use include: to include specific hosts or IPs, example:
v=spf1 include:mx.ovh.com include:ip4:188.8.131.52/21 ~all
2) Add a TXT record (DMARC):
v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; pct=100; rua=mailto:email@example.com; ruf=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can use p=reject to reject emails:
v=DMARC1; p=reject; pct=100; rua=mailto:email@example.com; ruf=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Check your domain name (e.g website.com) with these tools:
Here is an example scan report for domain amazon.com:
Found SPF record: v=spf1 include:spf1.amazon.com include:spf2.amazon.com include:amazonses.com ~all SPF record contains an All item: ~all Found DMARC record: v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; pct=100; rua=mailto:email@example.com; ruf=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org DMARC policy set to quarantine Aggregate reports will be sent: mailto:email@example.com Forensics reports will be sent: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Spoofing not possible for amazon.com
4) Check DNS TXT/DMARC records of popular domains:
You can copy SPF and DMARC records or popular domains (e.g amazon.com).
Just make sure to edit them with your domain data.
- How to List All Iptables NAT Rules
- Parse or Split FTP URL in Delphi XE using TIdURI
- How to Download a File via FTP in Delphi XE
- Public FTP Server to Test Upload and Download
- How to Parse Command-Line Arguments in Bash
- How to Make Iptables Rules Persistent
- Bash Install Iptables-Persistent Automatically
- Route OpenVPN Connections Through Floating IP
- How to fix "Clickable elements too close together"
- How to fix "Text too small to read"
- Create Custom Rest Endpoints for WP Rest API
- Timestamp URLs for SHA1 SHA256 Code Sign 2021
- PHP Multi-cURL to Run Parallel cURL Requests (Example)
- The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG B188E2B695BD4743
- Best Clean Monospace Web Fonts 2021
- Add New Path to Delphi 10.4 Sydney on Library Path