Posted on September 27, 2013 at 7:17 pm
We found a lot of free and commercial icon editors software out there, but from our testings we have selected only 5 of them. Icon editors are very good if you need to edit an icon, merge multiple icons inside one single icon, create icons for Microsoft Windows Vista operating system, create icons for Mac OSX, and so on.
IcoFX is an award winning professional icon and cursor editor. It is an all-in-one solution for icon creation, extraction and editing. It is designed to work with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Macintosh icons supporting transparency. Create Windows icons up to 256×256 for Windows Vista/7 and Macintosh icons up to 1024×1024 for Macintosh OSX.
With IconWorkshop make your own icons for Windows, MacOS and Unix. Create Windows icons up to 256×256 for Windows Vista/7 and Macintosh icons up to 1024×1024 for OSX Lion 10.7. Unix/Linux uses PNG icons. IconWorkshop creates PNG images with alpha channel in a few clicks including from existing Windows and Mac icons.
Greenfish Icon Editor Pro
Greenfish Icon Editor Pro (also known as GFIE Pro) is a very powerful open source (GPL) icon, cursor, animation, icon library and image editor. It can be used to create Vista compatible icons up to 256×256, with the help of a variety of drawing tools and filters. Greenfish Icon Editor Pro can open/save ICO, PNG, CUR, BMP, BMP, GIF, JPEG, ANI files and animated cursors.
aaICO Icon Editor
This is a completely freeware icon editor that you will find very useful. The editor supports multiple resolutions, importing, exporting, various effects and much more. You can use aaICO to create basic icons, this tool would be great for the novice designers.
Junior Icon Editor
It’s an easy to use icon maker for creating and editing icons for Windows. With this free icon editor you can create and edit icons in either standard or custom sizes, in color depths up to 16 million colors. Make icons for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000 in 32-bit color depth with 8-bit alpha channel, and much more.
- How to Install OpenSSH SSHD Server on Debian Linux
- Download Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 ISO Images
- Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 ISO Files (Official)
- Disable MySQL Binary Logging (Turn Off Log_Bin Variable)
- Enable IPv6 on a Scaleway VPS After a Reboot
- How to Ping an IPv6 Address with Ping6 on Debian Linux
- Get Public IPv6 Address on Debian Linux
- Delete Symbolic Link (Softlink) on Linux
- Keep current version of config files when apt-get install on Debian
- Enable Disable Windows 7 Test Mode
- How to Extract Links from a Web Page in Linux
- PHP Library for Google Authenticator (Two Factor Authentication 2FA)
- Should I reboot Debian server after apt-get upgrade?
- How to check if a website is a scam?
- SetDefaultDllDirectories could not be located
- How to build ImageMagick so that it's statically built