Posted on January 13, 2014 at 5:13 pm
When a document is not found, Lighttpd redirects users to a static HTML web page:
If you want to redirect users to a web page with dynamic content (recommended), you need to take in mind that by default Lighttpd returns a 200 OK HTTP status, so you need to set the HTTP headers to 404 status code, at the begin of the page, by using the header() PHP function:
header("HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found");
Then you need to edit the Lighttpd config file and add this line:
server.error-handler-404 = "/404error.php"
Make sure the file 404error.php is located in the root directory of the website, ex:
Use this online network tool to check the HTTP status code:
- How to List All Iptables NAT Rules
- Parse or Split FTP URL in Delphi XE using TIdURI
- How to Download a File via FTP in Delphi XE
- Public FTP Server to Test Upload and Download
- How to Parse Command-Line Arguments in Bash
- How to Make Iptables Rules Persistent
- Bash Install Iptables-Persistent Automatically
- Route OpenVPN Connections Through Floating IP
- How to fix "Clickable elements too close together"
- How to fix "Text too small to read"
- Create Custom Rest Endpoints for WP Rest API
- Timestamp URLs for SHA1 SHA256 Code Sign 2021
- PHP Multi-cURL to Run Parallel cURL Requests (Example)
- The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG B188E2B695BD4743
- Best Clean Monospace Web Fonts 2021
- Add New Path to Delphi 10.4 Sydney on Library Path