Posted on January 13, 2014 at 5:13 pm
When a document is not found, Lighttpd redirects users to a static HTML web page:
If you want to redirect users to a web page with dynamic content (recommended), you need to take in mind that by default Lighttpd returns a 200 OK HTTP status, so you need to set the HTTP headers to 404 status code, at the begin of the page, by using the header() PHP function:
header("HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found");
Then you need to edit the Lighttpd config file and add this line:
server.error-handler-404 = "/404error.php"
Make sure the file 404error.php is located in the root directory of the website, ex:
Use this online network tool to check the HTTP status code:
- Best Google Fonts for Your Web Projects
- Increase volume of videos online for free
- Import GnuGPG Public and Private Key
- Encrypt and Decrypt Large Files with GnuGPG on Linux
- Encrypt and Decrypt Large Files with OpenSSL on Linux
- WordPress Migrate from HTTP to HTTPS
- How to check if a website is a scam?